Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 5: Servo Motors and Circuit Testing

In the final week, new servo motor circuits had to be made. I had to find a way to turn very strong and powerful open loop motors into servo type motors. I decided that it would be quicker to salvage the servo circuit from toy servo motors but replace the H-Bridge and the potentiometer system. I created modified H-bridge circuits that ran off of the two wires used to power the motor in the toy servos. This allowed huge current and voltages much higher than 6 volts, the maximum for the toy servo motor circuits, to drive very powerful motors. After I decoupled the power rails of the modified H-bridge circuits I had no problems with MOSFETs breaking. After I found a proper way to mount the potentiometer, the new servomotor circuits measured position quite accurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment